Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Journal Part 3.4 Summary

I found IRIS to be helpful in helping me to narrow a topic.  In the past, I have been known to pick something to broad and had trouble narrowing it down.  I liked the idea of skimming articles and finding the keywords.  It amazed me at how much information can be gathered from just that little exercise.  After I looked over my list, I thought of questions that came to my mind from the keywords.  This helped narrow down "privacy" to a sizable topic.  For any source I use, I will make sure I take notes of that source, so I can find it again when needed.  Wikipedia is not a source I would want to use as a citation on my paper, due to the fact that I am not sure if the author is credible.  It is a good starting place to get some background on my topic.  After that, I should go into the deep web.  I used GVRL as my deep website.  The information on this site is phenomenal and is written by academics or experts on that particular subject.  I enjoyed reading the articles, especially the one that I cited.  The next research paper I have to write will be using the deep web.

1 comment:

  1. Great summary, you recapped all the important elements of this assignment. I'm glad you feel empowered by your introduction to Deep Web resources, these are great to be aware of.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete