Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Journal Part 3.2 Wikipedia

I just repeated the same process that I did in GVRL with Wikipedia.  I started with the same topic, Privacy.
Keywords: internet privacy, informational privacy, privacy law, privacy policy, domain privacy, privacy laws in the U.S., anonymity, security, income, identity theft, Western  culture, Anglo-American, individual right, physical, organizational privacy, spiritual and intellectual privacy, technology, invasion of privacy
Citation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy. July 6, 2011
Unfortunately, I cannot tell you who wrote this information, because several people I am unable to identify have all contributed to this article. Therefore, I am not sure how valid this article is.  It did give me some more ideas about privacy which I could look up on GVRL to find accurate information.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Angela:

    Great description of your finding process. Yes, Wikipedia is a good place to get background information and key terms/people, but it is not considered reliable or verifiable because of the mixed authorship and everyone being able to edit. I use it to get a basic understanding and then move on to GVRL for more expert authored articles.

    ReplyDelete